Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Giving thanks

Just over a year ago, on November 11, 2015, a Memorial Sloan Kettering doctor told Teresa and me, explicitly, that I had cancer. The exact diagnosis required a biopsy and took a little longer; we learned that the cancer I had was cholangiocarcinoma on November 25, 2015.

It is now a year later and I am still here. I’ve had some ups and downs but the latest indications are that my current chemotherapy is degrading my tumors. Meanwhile I’m still able (except when I’m recovering from surgery) to research and write, and (even when I’m recovering from surgery) to enjoy happy times with my family and my friends.

So I give thanks, deep thanks, for this year that I’ve enjoyed, and for each individual day along the way, and hope for many more days and years to come.

1 comment: